Kevin's BBQ Joints

Kevin's BBQ Joints Blog

Shukri’s BBQ – Waynesboro, Virginia

I haven’t heard of Shukri’s BBQ before, but if you’re in Waynesboro, Virginia and crave authentic BBQ you’d be in the right place at Shukri’s. I have Jo Ellen Opyoke to thank as her piece in The News Leader clued me in to the joint.

Photo courtesy of The News Leader

It sounds real deal, especially with their emphasis on low and slow, but so far I don’t have a ton of information. If you’ve been or live in the area, please shoot me an email as I would love some additional information and some photos of the BBQ. You can read the entire piece here.

Find it here:

View Larger Map

Posted in BBQ Joints on by kevin - Comments (6)

6 Comments »

1. God awful save your money and eat elsewhere. look behind the counter at the crock pots with food on the outside sitting all day. I doubt they have ever been cleaned dont believe me see for yourself

Comment by windwalker — March 9, 2011 @ 12:49 am

2. EXCELLENT!!!!! Have eaten there on 3 diff occasions and have not been disappointed. BBQ is delish as well as the potato salad and mac & cheese. It is very small and not many tables but you can get it to go as I have. Need to try it and not just depend on the reviews!

Comment by Lolly — April 27, 2011 @ 2:51 pm

3. Best little bbq place we have been to in a long time. Menu is small but food is amazing. Price is reasonable and portions are large. Don’t let outside discourage you from entering. It looks small but food is packed with flavour. Must try!!

Comment by Curt — August 24, 2011 @ 6:25 pm

4. Amazing this place is still in business. If you like super sweet gooey “bbq” this might be the place for you. I am a BBQ nut and work less than a mile from this place and I NEVER go, and I have been known to drive 2 hours out of my way to get good good BBQ….

Comment by thecmdr — September 26, 2011 @ 5:41 pm

5. If you want a 5 star restaurant with white linen and a waiter named Phillipe, this ain’t the place for you. But if you want amazing bbq, good ol’ home cookin’, and some of the nicest small business owners you could ever meet…Shukri’s is the place to be! From the pulled chicken sandwiches to the slabs of ribs, you can’t go wrong with Shukri’s!

Comment by FrankFurter — September 28, 2011 @ 2:04 pm

6. They have moved out of downtown into a bit bigger restaurant. I love their ribs, and their macaroni and cheese is great

Comment by Kim — August 24, 2012 @ 12:18 pm