Kevin's BBQ Joints

Kevin's BBQ Joints Blog

Kevin’s BBQ Joints Move to Texas

Alright, it’s time to take this barbecue thing seriously. After the death of my father (and business partner) I’ve been trying to find my way. I have been doing social media freelance and odd jobs since then, but as most of you know from my blog and website, my true passion is barbecue.

I have a big announcement. I am going to quit all work I’m doing, leave the life I know here in Los Angeles, and move to Texas within the next 3-4 weeks to work at a BBQ joint (to learn the craft from someone who really lives and breaths BBQ) and travel throughout the state of Texas (and beyond) sampling the best BBQ has to offer.

Along the way I will chronicle my journey with posts, pictures, video, and more. You’ll see all of my successes and missteps. This is my true calling and I must answer it.

If you’d like to donate to my crazy bbq adventure (as well as my blog) and know that you are helping me fulfill my dream, I set up a paypal donate button (no donation is too small). I plan on using the proceeds towards setting up my trip, moving, and getting me on my feet in Texas. I thank you in advance.

All you have to do is click this button and paypal will walk you through the rest.

Posted in BBQ Joints on by kevin - Comments (12)

12 Comments »

1. I am absolutely thrilled for you Kevin! It takes a lot of guts to do what your doing and I am standing by your side cheering you on!

Best of luck in your new career I know you will be making great strides in the coming years!

Comment by Wilfred Reinke aka @Oshawa Ogre — August 25, 2011 @ 11:40 am

2. Kevin,

Following a dream is something that so many people wish they could do, and you’re just grabbing life by the horns and doing it. We’ll all be pulling for you, and I have no doubt that you’re going to enjoy every meal along the way!

Andrew

Comment by Andrew — August 25, 2011 @ 1:15 pm

3. TEXAS BABY!!! stop by and we’ll cook up some ribs!!! bring ur suntan lotion…HOT. sr

Comment by Smokinronnie Halcomb — August 25, 2011 @ 11:19 pm

4. Kevin, Kevin, Kevin,

You have lost your mind! However, I must admit that I am jealous. Dropping it and starting all over, hats off to you my fellow blogger. I wish that your dreams do come true and that you bring us all along for the ride. Of course I will send you money. The great news is that I get to live through you all from the comfort of my city. Cheers to you, I will be donating monthly.

When you make it big you will have to come to Pasadena, CA. and open up a RIB JOINT! We need one!

Sincerely,
    Mr. Pasadena

Comment by Mr. Pasadena — August 26, 2011 @ 5:21 pm

5. Thanks! I plan on immersing myself completely in Texas BBQ. 6 days a week. 14 hours a day.

Comment by kevin — August 26, 2011 @ 5:38 pm

6. Mr. Pasadena,
    Thanks! I’m going to create a ‘sponsorship’ page on my site to those who have assisted me along the way (and have links to anything they wan to promote). Love you blog by the way.
    Appreciate it!
    Kevin

Comment by kevin — August 29, 2011 @ 11:57 am

7. Kevin!

We at Grilling with Rich want to wish you all the best luck in the world in your new adventure! You are my hero for taking this leap! And now that you are a little closer to the East Coast lets plan a Joint Blog Post/restaurant review!!

Comment by Rich aka Grilling with Rich — August 30, 2011 @ 6:44 am

8. Good for you! Follow your dream! I look forward to meeting you when you come to Austin

Comment by Austin Yankee — August 31, 2011 @ 9:38 am

9. Whoa, making the big jump! Congratulations and best of luck to you, Kevin.

Comment by Chris — August 31, 2011 @ 5:09 pm

10. Living of off BBQ oohhhhhh the suffering and humanity!! lol

Comment by Chris Voss — September 1, 2011 @ 1:56 pm

11. Good luck but asking for “donations” is VERY lame.

EARN your way like everyone else.

Best place to work to get some learnin would be Coopers BBQ in Llano. You could rent a place cheap there also.

Comment by James Rockford — September 5, 2011 @ 5:32 pm

12. Kevin! You followed your dream!! I am so happy and proud of you. Let me know how it’s going!

Comment by Jane Smith — January 16, 2012 @ 9:29 am