Kevin's BBQ Joints

Kevin's BBQ Joints Blog

JMueller BBQ Has a New Employee from California

After searching for a few weeks and talking to a number of BBQ joints in Central Texas I have landed an apprenticeship. John Mueller has decided to take me under his wing at his new BBQ Joint JMueller BBQ which is opening in Austin, Texas on Monday September 26th.

John, the son of Bobby Mueller (Louie Mueller Barbecue) will be working me harder than I’ve ever worked before, but at the same time I’ll be immersed in the world of barbecue that I love and hopefully I’ll glean knowledge on how he makes his renowned brisket as well as his almost as famous sausage, beef and pork ribs, turkey and pork loin (included in this indoctrination will be a crash course in every other down and dirty aspect of working at a BBQ joint). He is being kind enough to let me sleep on his couch for a few months to get myself on my feet in Texas as I learn the ropes. I couldn’t be more appreciative of this unique opportunity.

So I hope you get a chance to stop by Austin to check us out in person and of course you’ll be able to keep progress of me and my experiences at JMueller BBQ here at my blog which I’ll continue to keep up to date, however it will focus a lot more of the comings and goings of the BBQ world from the inside out.

For more information about John Mueller and his BBQ check out an article from Scrumptious Chef HERE and HERE

You can see visit us when we open next week here:

View Larger Map

Posted in BBQ Joints on by kevin - Comments (12)

12 Comments »

1. This is awesome! Congratulations!!

Comment by Wayne Brown — September 13, 2011 @ 1:25 pm

2. Pumped to have you in Austin & wishing you nothing but success!

Comment by Man Up Texas BBQ — September 13, 2011 @ 2:07 pm

3. That’s great Kevin! It’ll be interesting to see an insider perspective!

Comment by Andrew — September 13, 2011 @ 3:24 pm

4. THAT IS AWESOME NEWS, KEVIN! Wow things are happening a lot faster than I thought they might have. I am feeeling a great vibe for John and you. THis is going to work out great! Cheers to the news and the adventure ahead. Keep those blogs a comin’

Comment by Mr. Pasadena — September 13, 2011 @ 3:48 pm

5. Congrats! Hoping I’ll get to see (and taste) first-hand how much you learn!

Comment by Natalie J Vandenberghe — September 13, 2011 @ 7:01 pm

6. We can’t wait to hear the stories of your new experience.

Comment by Chris — September 18, 2011 @ 7:41 am

7. FanFreakinTastic :) I will be following your journey with great interest. Best of luck in this new part of your life.

Comment by Wilfred Reinke aka @OshawaOgre — September 19, 2011 @ 8:18 am

8. STOP begging for money dude. Your starting to act like the hobos at all Austin street corners with their hands out.

Just work hard, get paid fair and go on about your business like all the REGULAR folks do.

Comment by James Rockford — September 26, 2011 @ 12:47 pm

9. And BTW, if you are an “employee” like you titled this thread, Mr. Mueller is responsible for providing a paycheck with taxes and social security withheld on a W-2 form, not a 1099 form.

Comment by James Rockford — September 26, 2011 @ 12:55 pm

10. Welcome to Austin! I look forward to meeting you at the trailer one day this week.

Comment by Addie Broyles — October 10, 2011 @ 10:55 am

11. Thanks! it was great meeting you too.

Comment by kevin — October 16, 2011 @ 8:03 am

12. Kevin,
    Congratulations! Sounds like a great opportunity Kevin. What a concept – do what you love to do and make a living at it as well.
    Keep me posted on how it goes. Maybe at some point you could open up a location in Berthoud.
    Love, Kent