Kevin's BBQ Joints

Kevin's BBQ Joints Blog

First Day in Texas – Pictures

It’s my second day here in Texas working for John and his soon to be open BBQ Joint JMueller BBQ has come to an end, but I wanted to put up some photos from yesterday, my first day along my journey. Along with updates on the opening of John’s place I will be adding pics of BBQ (and ‘not’ BBQ) from in and around Central Texas.

Here’s just a shot from the window of my plane as I left Burbank, CA.

The outside of Louie Mueller Barbecue:

An interior shot of Louie Mueller Barbecue:

Brisket, beef sausage, potato salad, and a cold one from Louie Mueller Barbecue:

Tighter shot from Louie Mueller Barbecue:

The outside of The Taylor Cafe:

More to come…

Posted in BBQ Joints,Cool BBQ Pics on by kevin - Comments (8)

8 Comments »

1. Enjoy your time there
    WE had a wonderful trip to Lockhart this Summer

Comment by Thom — September 22, 2011 @ 8:19 pm

2. havin fun!!!

Comment by smokin ronnie — September 22, 2011 @ 8:40 pm

3. Got an invite from JM for Saturday; will have to see how things shake out on my schedule.

Hoping to @ least make it by for an hour to meet ‘n greet.

Comment by NCAAFBALLROX — September 22, 2011 @ 9:11 pm

4. Oh man whats the deal with that orange water from L. Mueller? Even Dr. BBQ asked about that stuff.. No picks from Taylor Cafe? Glad you made it to Texas….

Comment by Robert Telles — September 22, 2011 @ 9:14 pm

5. Looks awesome.

Comment by Devon — September 22, 2011 @ 9:54 pm

6. @Robert – not sure if serious. That’s the Q sauce, not water.

You can tell Kev’s been doing it right by dipping & not slopping all over.

In Texas, you gotta order it “dry” if you don’t know the way a place operates. It’s all about the meat, not the sauce… that’s why they are called Q joints, not sauce joints.

Comment by NCAAFBALLROX — September 23, 2011 @ 10:46 am

7. I love that orange water! And tbh the meat doesn’t need a thick bbq sauce. This stuff complements the meat perfectly. I think I’m going to have to head to Louie Mueller this weekend ^_^

Comment by Colean — September 25, 2011 @ 8:45 am

8. It’s all looking good so far.

Comment by Chris — September 28, 2011 @ 7:43 pm